Updated October 2022 by Dante Moroni
☐ Nutrition Estimate (1 Serving) 2.89$
- 523 Calories
- 28g Protein, 69g Carb, 15g Fat
- 845 mg Sodium
- 4g Insoluble Fiber
- 3g Soluble Fiber
☐ Ingredients (4 Servings) 11.54$
- 1Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs = 5.00$
- 1.5 Cups Parboiled rice (Cub Foods) = 0.93$
- 4 Tbsp Ray’s Sugar free BBQ sauce = 0.46$
- 1.333 Cup / 200g White onion = 1.30$
- 4-6 Cloves / 10-15g Garlic = 0.75$
- 12oz Frozen brussel sprouts = 1.50$
- 1/2 Lemon = 0.60$
- Pantry Item Fee (Listed Below) = 1.00$
- 1.5 Tbsp EVOO
- 1.333 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Pinch Red pepper flake (to taste)
- Dice onion and garlic.
- Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F
- In a pyrex or ceramic 9×13 baking dish: combine the garlic, onion, chicken, rice, 1 Tsp salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35minutes.
- Thaw the Brussel sprouts in microwave for half of the recommended time.
- Halve the Brussel sprouts.
- Add 1.5 Tbsp EVOO to a sauté pan and add the Brussel sprouts flat side down.
- Add Crushed Red Pepper and 1/3 Tsp salt to the Brussels Sprouts.
- Heat the pan over medium-high and cook for 5 minutes, no stirring to develop color.
- Reduce heat to medium. Flip/mix sprouts and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Turn heat off and add stir.
- After 35 minutes remove the baking dish from the oven. Discard foil and stir.
- Finish in oven for 15 more minutes.
- Plate your meal with a quarter of the rice mixture and brussels.
- Garnish each serving of rice with 1Tbsp sugar free BBQ sauce and slice of lemon.
*Cost Per Serving based on average between SE MN local online Target and Cub prices from October 2022.