Updated October 2022 by Dante Moroni
☐ Nutrition Estimate (1 Serving) 3.93$
- 732 Calories
- 30g Protein, 90g Carb, 28g Fat
- 843 mg Sodium
- 7g Fiber
- The fat which drained from baking the meatballs has been subtracted from nutrition estimate (~18g)
☐ Ingredients (4 Servings) 15.70$
- 1Lb 80/20 Ground Beef = 5.64$
- 12oz Box Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti = 3.49$
- 3oz / 85g Tomato Paste = 0.65$
- 15oz / 425g Crushed Tomatoes (Cub Foods) = 1.49$
- 1/4 Cup Good&Gather Gluten Free Breadcrumbs (Target) = 0.28$
- 1 Cup / 150g White Onion = 1.00$
- 2 Large Eggs = 1.40$
- 4-6 Cloves / 10-15g Garlic = 0.75$
- Pantry Item Fee = 1.00$
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 3/4 Tsp Iodized Salt
- Pinch Red Pepper Flake to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix the beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, and half of the seasoning mix together in a bowl.
- Form 12 meatballs (~1.8oz each) and place on a baking sheet. Let rest in refrigerator.
- Dice the white onion and garlic cloves (keep separate).
- Put the meatballs in the oven and bake for 20min.
- Start heating the pasta water in an 8qt stock pot.
- While meatballs are baking, heat 2 Tbsp EVOO over medium heat in 6qt sauté pan.
- Once hot, Sauté onion for 5-6 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and remaining seasoning mix. Sauté for 1-2 min.
- Incorporate tomato paste, cook for another 1-2 min.
- Add tomato sauce and stir.
- Start cooking the spaghetti according to package directions (it is important to stir with tongs during first few minutes to prevent the noodles from sticking together). I cook mine 1 minute short of al dente since it will cook some more in the sauce.
- Once the sauce is bubbling, reduce heat to low and cover. Stir occasionally (remove from heat when the pasta is almost done).
- Drain in colander briefly (don’t rinse). Try not to over drain, as remaining water will help finish our sauce.
- Add the spaghetti to the saucepan and incorporate.
- Plate your meal with one fourth of the spaghetti/sauce, and 3 meatballs.
*Cost Per Serving based on average between SE MN local online Target and Cub prices from October 2022.
3 thoughts on “Gluten Free Dairy Free Spaghetti and Meatballs”
Pingback: Dairy Free (and Gluten Free) Meal Preps | Cooking al Dante
Pingback: Healthy Gluten Free Meal Preps | Cooking al Dante
Pingback: Healthy Gluten Free Meal Preps - Cooking al Dante
Comments are closed.