☐ Nutrition Estimate (1 Serving) 2.76$
- 732 Calories
- 30g Protein, 90g Carb, 28g Fat
- 955 mg Sodium
- 5g Fiber
- Optional: Garnish w/ Sriracha Sauce (Not included in Price/Nutrition Estimate).
☐ Ingredients (4 Servings) 11.03$
- 1Lb 80/20 Ground Beef = 5.64$
- 1.5 Cups Parboiled rice = 1.01$ (Cub Foods)
- 1 Lb Chopped Cabbage = 2.00$
- 2 Tbsp San-J Tamari = 0.57$
- 1 Tbsp GF Oyster Sauce (Cub Foods) = 0.27$
- 3 Tbsp Sugar Free Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce = 0.54$
- Pantry Item Fee = 1.00$
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Salted Butter
- Pinch Red Pepper Flake
- Start by removing the inner core from the cabbage. Then, chop into julienne like strips.
- For the sauce: Combine the Tamari, Oyster, Vinegar, and BBQ sauce. Mix in the corn starch until dissolved. Finally, add the sesame oil. Set aside for later use.
- Start cooking the rice first to make things easier. Follow package instructions and add 1 Tbsp Salted Butter when done.
- Begin the stir fry with the ground beef. Add to a cold wok and bring up to medium-high heat. Break up with silicone or wooden utensil and continue to cook, stirring every few minutes. It’s done when all of the water has evaporated and you begin to hear a sizzling noise instead of bubbling (~20min)
- Turn off the heat and remove the beef from the wok. Wipe the wok and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Bring up to medium heat, add the cabbage, and begin frying. Cook the cabbage for about 10 min or untill wilted and reduced in size by about 25-50%.
- Add back the beef and incorporate.
- Turn off the heat, pour over the stir-fry sauce, and mix well.
- Serve over the rice, garnish with some red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and ENJOY!